CLICK PLAY TO LISTEN HOW TRAUMA CAN IMPACT OUR BUSINESS:
Here’s what to expect from this episode:
Have you ever walked into a boss’s office only to find yourself apologizing first? Or maybe you turn to TikTok to dissociate from the world? That’s trauma creeping in, and you may not even realize it. In today’s episode, I chat with Fi Simler, a trauma-informed business coach who brings a unique and compassionate approach to the industry. Fi’s journey from social media management to coaching is not just inspiring but deeply informative, offering insights into how trauma can influence our professional lives.
In our conversation, Fi opens up about the importance of acknowledging and navigating trauma, especially in a field as dynamic as social media management. She delves into the challenges of maintaining visibility in the industry while managing scope creep and how to stay emotionally and mentally resilient. Fi’s experience and advice are invaluable for anyone in the field looking to balance professional success with personal well-being.
Don’t miss this opportunity to learn from Fi about the transformative power of trauma-informed coaching in business. Tune in to discover how to embrace humanity and build a thriving business, all while taking care of your mental health.
Fi Simler is a trauma-informed business coach who believes you CAN have a thriving business without bypassing your humanity. A marketing world veteran and hustle-culture dropout, Fi knows taking your marketing and sales seriously means responding with trust instead of being seduced by the latest viral trend. She honors all aspects of her clients – their history, intersectionality, neurodivergence, mental health – as they welcome bigger ways of seeing themselves and their work.
Topics covered on how trauma can impact our business:
- Fi walks you through examples of trauma responses such as fawn, freeze, flight, and fight
- How to understand and address these trauma responses
- Setting boundaries and navigating scope creep with clients effectively
- The problem with traditional business advice and representation in the entrepreneur world
- How to consider clients’ trauma and mental health in marketing and sales strategies
- Book a 1:1 90 minute session with Fi using my affiliate code ‘SAVE’ for $100 off
- Watch Fi’s Reel on what trauma responses look like for business owners & entrepreneurs, Part 1
- Watch Fi’s Reel on what trauma responses look like for business owners & entrepreneurs, Part 2: Flight
- Watch Fi’s Reel on what trauma responses look like for business owners & entrepreneurs, Part 3: Freeze
- Watch Fi’s Reel on what trauma responses look like for business owners & entrepreneurs, Part 4: Fawn
- Sign up to my FREE Sugarpunch Community for Social Media Managers
- Learn more about my Social Media Manager Incubator Program Suite
- Resources for Dealing with Difficult Clients as a Social Media Manager
- Resources for the Overwhelmed Social Media Manager
- Resources for the Social Media Manager Just Getting Started
- Download my FREE Guide: Best Places to Get More Social Media Management Clients
- Shop my Done-For-You Templates for Social Media Managers
Connect with Fi:
- Visit her website
- Follow her on Instagram @astrabizcoaching
- Find her on TikTok @astrabizcoaching
- Book a free 20 min consult – A no strings attached conversation about your potential and how you can reach it
Connect with Shanté:
- Book a free call to discuss how we can work together
- Connect with me on Instagram @sugarpunchmarketing
- Episode 47: Expectations of High Paying Clients: What To Expect & What You Need to Deliver
- Episode 45: Calling All People Pleasing High Performing Social Media Managers with Mentee Bee Santangelo
- Episode 36: Firing Clients & Sticking to Boundaries with Mentees Katya Valiquette and Katie Campbell
More about Social Media Manager Confidential:
The Social Media Manager Confidential is the podcast for social media managers who want realistic, positive, and insightful resources so they can build an ethical, money-making business that supports their lifestyle goals. Each week, your host Shanté Gorman (that’s me) and my guests will share strategies & content tips, what we do and don’t love about working in the industry, and give transparent advice about running a social media management business. We’re dishing on the ins and outs of the social media management world without any of the gatekeeping that can come along with it. You’ll learn, you’ll laugh, and you’ll leave each episode inspired.
I was a broke single mom turned founder of a multi 6-figure social media management agency and I mentor social media managers working on creating agencies of their own.
Some links on this page may contain affiliate links. This means that if you click through and make a purchase, I may receive a small commission at no additional cost to you.
Hey, I’m Shanté! 👋 I’m a broke single mom turned Founder & CEO of a multi 6-fig social media marketing agency that specializes in providing Instagram management services for busy entrepreneurs. Subscribe for tips and behind-the-scenes of building & growing your own successful social media management business so that you can have consistent income, work with ideal clients, and scale without the overwhelm.