CLICK PLAY TO LEARN ABOUT FIRING CLIENTS & STICKING TO BOUNDARIES:
Here’s what to expect from this episode:
What’s it really like to fire a client? How do successful managers set and maintain boundaries? And when is the right time to take that leap and grow your own dream team? In this episode, I’m diving deep into the ups and downs of social media management, joined by two incredible past mentees, Katya Valiquette and Katie Campbell.
Katya opens up about her journey of organizing her business, gearing up to expand her team, and the challenges she faces while setting boundaries with clients. You’ll gain valuable insights into how she overcomes these hurdles and continues to thrive in her role as a social media manager.
Meanwhile, Katie shares her experiences with setting boundaries and the sometimes tough battle of sticking to them. She fearlessly dives into the sensitive topics of firing clients and dealing with client losses, offering valuable lessons and growth opportunities.
If you are ready for a light-hearted look into the life of some social media managers, then this is the episode for you!
Katya is a Social Media Manager & Content Coach for online service providers. She works with entrepreneurs who align with not only wanting to stand out online but inspire others to better themselves. She works with them to design stand-out brand experiences that embrace innovation, purpose and creativity.
Katie is the founder of Katie Creative Co, a social media agency that helps lifestyle businesses grow and nurture their communities on social media. As a huge supporter of the shop-local movement, Katie is passionate about helping local brands stand out on social media! Katie has helped dozens of brands create and implement impactful social media strategies that turn followers into customers! She is also the co-host of the Check Your Aesthetic, a podcast that helps self-starting female creatives build their dream careers and businesses!
Topics covered on firing clients and sticking to boundaries:
- How to deal with taking things personally, especially criticism
- How to navigate feeling the need to handle issues immediately
- What to do when you’re struggling with losing clients and feeling personally affected by it
- Understanding that clients coming and going is a normal part of business
- Sign up to my FREE Sugarpunch Community for Social Media Managers
- Download my FREE Guide: Best Places to Get More Social Media Management Clients
- Shop my Done-For-You Templates for Social Media Managers
- Learn more about my Social Media Manager Incubator Program Suite
Connect with Katya:
Connect with Katie:
- Visit her website
- Follow her on Instagram @katiecreativeco
- Follow her on TikTok @katiecreativeco
- Find her on LinkedIn Katie Campbell
- Tune into her podcast, Check Your Aesthetic Podcast
Connect with Shanté:
- Book a free call to discuss how we can work together
- Connect with me on Instagram @sugarpunchmarketing
- Episode 35: Successfully Leaving Your 9-5 To Build A Social Media Management Business With Alyece Smith
- Episode 27: Behind-the-Scenes of Building an International Social Media Agency with Sharon Brand
- Episode 23: Q&A: Communicating Realistic Social Media Growth to Clients, Crappy Text Messages, Getting Content Out of Stubborn Clients, & More
More about Social Media Manager Confidential:
The Social Media Manager Confidential is the podcast for social media managers who want realistic, positive, and insightful resources so they can build an ethical, money-making business that supports their lifestyle goals. Each week, your host Shanté Gorman (that’s me) and my guests will share strategies & content tips, what we do and don’t love about working in the industry, and give transparent advice about running a social media management business. We’re dishing on the ins and outs of the social media management world without any of the gatekeeping that can come along with it. You’ll learn, you’ll laugh, and you’ll leave each episode inspired.
I was a broke single mom turned founder of a multi 6-figure social media management agency and I mentor social media managers working on creating agencies of their own.
Some links on this page may contain affiliate links. This means that if you click through and make a purchase, I may receive a small commission at no additional cost to you.
Hey, I’m Shanté! 👋 I’m a broke single mom turned Founder & CEO of a multi 6-fig social media marketing agency that specializes in providing Instagram management services for busy entrepreneurs. Subscribe for tips and behind-the-scenes of building & growing your own successful social media management business so that you can have consistent income, work with ideal clients, and scale without the overwhelm.