CLICK PLAY TO HEAR THE HONEST TRUTH BEHIND HOW LONG IT ACTUALLY TAKES TO BUILD A SUCCESSFUL AGENCY:
Here’s what to expect from this episode:
Building a successful agency is no walk in the park. It takes time, effort, and a whole lot of grit. But what’s the real deal behind a flourishing agency? I sit down with Tomisin Smith to uncover the secrets of her success.
Tomisin shares her journey from being a freelance operator to running a boutique agency that works with product-based and impact-driven businesses. She emphasizes the importance of working with clients holistically and not letting updates dictate their actions. We also discuss the mental health challenges of working in social media, tips for protecting one’s well-being and the importance of sustainable social media strategies that involve long-term planning, strategic thinking, and goal-setting.
She also dives in about her dislike for the “Instagram and TikTok gurus” who give advice on going viral and making money and discusses how the pandemic has impacted the influencer industry. Tomisin stresses setting.
Let’s go meet Tomisin!
Tomisin Smith is an experienced social media strategist and the owner of Twenty Six Digital, a digital agency specializing in product-based businesses and memberships across various industries. With nearly a decade of experience in social media, Tomisin brings a background in multinationals and a deep understanding of the challenges and successes involved in building an online presence. She openly shares her own journey to inspire and guide others, emphasizing that social media can play a crucial role in business growth.
Tomisin also emphasizes the importance of mindful social media usage, acknowledging the potential negative effects of excessive consumption. She provides guidance on finding a balance between leveraging social media for business growth and maintaining a healthy relationship with technology. Additionally, she is dedicated to debunking common misconceptions and providing accurate information and strategies to her clients, helping them unlock the true potential of social media for their business growth.
Topics covered on how to build a successful agency:
- The truth behind going from freelancer to building a successful agency
- How to exercise selectivity in clients and focus on joy and impact-driven projects
- The importance of mental health and self-care in the social media industry
- The challenges of managing a team across different time zones
- Sign up to my FREE Sugarpunch Community for Social Media Managers
- Download my FREE Guide: Best Places to Get More Social Media Management Clients
- Shop my Done-For-You Templates for Social Media Managers
- Join the Social Media Manager Success Incubator
Connect with Tomisin:
- Follow her on Instagram @thetomisinsmith
- Find her on TikTok @thetomisinsmith
- Join her newsletter
- Tune into her podcast, Sugar Spice and Social Media Podcast
Connect with Shanté:
- Book a free call to discuss how we can work together
- Connect with me on Instagram @sugarpunchmarketing
- Episode 31: Do’s and Don’ts: How I Would Start A Marketing Agency from Scratch
- Episode 27: Behind-the-Scenes of Building an International Social Media Agency with Sharon Brand
- Episode 11: 10 Actionable Steps to Going Full-Time In Your Social Media Management Agency
More about Social Media Manager Confidential:
The Social Media Manager Confidential is the podcast for social media managers who want realistic, positive, and insightful resources so they can build an ethical, money-making business that supports their lifestyle goals. Each week, your host Shanté Gorman (that’s me) and my guests will share strategies & content tips, what we do and don’t love about working in the industry, and give transparent advice about running a social media management business. We’re dishing on the ins and outs of the social media management world without any of the gatekeeping that can come along with it. You’ll learn, you’ll laugh, and you’ll leave each episode inspired.
I was a broke single mom turned founder of a multi 6-figure social media management agency and I mentor social media managers working on creating agencies of their own.
Some links on this page may contain affiliate links. This means that if you click through and make a purchase, I may receive a small commission at no additional cost to you.
Hey, I’m Shanté! 👋 I’m a broke single mom turned Founder & CEO of a multi 6-fig social media marketing agency that specializes in providing Instagram management services for busy entrepreneurs. Subscribe for tips and behind-the-scenes of building & growing your own successful social media management business so that you can have consistent income, work with ideal clients, and scale without the overwhelm.