CLICK PLAY ON YOUR CLIENT’S UNREALISTIC SOCIAL MEDIA EXPECTATIONS:
Here’s what to expect from this episode:
Been waiting for that nudge to get you into the social media game? Now’s your time to shine because my guest, Shannon McKinstrie and I lead by example in this episode by dishing out all the advice we wish we had been given when we first started. This inspirational chat will give you the spark to start, and take a leap into social media management equipped with the tools and tips that will make you stand out and be deemed valuable in the eyes of clients!
In today’s episode, we break down the stigma of a social media manager, how the industry is still so new that most people don’t see the real value of social media managers, and of course, how to navigate client’s unrealistic expectations when it comes to the results they seek month on month.
Shannon McKinstrie is the unofficial poster girl for oat milk lattes, pinot grigio, and long walks down the aisles of Target. Shannon is a marketing junkie who turned her love of social media into a 6-figure business (Boutique Social) from straight-up scratch. Every day she helps small businesses shine on social and then watch as their ideal leads come in and their communities thrive.
Wherever you are in your journey, Shannon is passionate about helping you elevate your business, make an impact on others, and get results through organic and proven social media strategies.
Topics Covered on Unrealistic Social Media Expectations:
- Managing client expectations & what to outline in your Client Welcome Guide
- Shannon talks about what’s involved in her social media management process & why clients aren’t just paying her for her time
- The transparency of providing vanity metrics & data
- Shannon’s favorite and least favorite things about social media management
- The overall value of social media management and educating your clients
- Check out Shannon’s The Social Biz System Course
- Sign up to my FREE Sugarpunch Community for Social Media Managers
- Download my FREE Guide: Best Places to Get More Social Media Management Clients
- Join the Social Media Manager Success Incubator
Connect with Shannon:
- Visit Shannon’s website
- Follow Shannon on Instagram @shannonmkinstrie
- Connect with Social Squad Society on Facebook
- Connect with Shannon McKinstrie on LinkedIn
Connect with Shanté:
- Book a free call to discuss how we can work together
- Connect with me on Instagram @sugarpunchmarketing
- Episode 1: From Single Mom to 6-Figure Social Media Manager
- Episode 2: How to Actually Make Money as a Social Media Manager
- Episode 3: How to Build a Social Media Management Portfolio When You Have No Experience, Results, or Clients
More about Social Media Manager Confidential:
The Social Media Manager Confidential is the podcast for social media managers who want realistic, positive, and insightful resources so they can build an ethical, money-making business that supports their lifestyle goals. Each week, your host Shanté Gorman (that’s me) and my guests will share strategies & content tips, what we do and don’t love about working in the industry, and give transparent advice about running a social media management business. We’re dishing on the ins and outs of the social media management world without any of the gatekeeping that can come along with it. You’ll learn, you’ll laugh, and you’ll leave each episode inspired.
I was a broke single mom turned founder of a multi 6-figure social media management agency and I mentor social media managers working on creating agencies of their own.
Some links on this page may contain affiliate links. This means that if you click through and make a purchase, I may receive a small commission at no additional cost to you.
Hey, I’m Shanté! 👋 I’m a broke single mom turned Founder & CEO of a multi 6-fig social media marketing agency that specializes in providing Instagram management services for busy entrepreneurs. Subscribe for tips and behind-the-scenes of building & growing your own successful social media management business so that you can have consistent income, work with ideal clients, and scale without the overwhelm.