CLICK PLAY TO HEAR WHAT A SOCIAL MEDIA MANAGER IS ACTUALLY RESPONSIBLE FOR:
Here’s what you can expect from this episode:
The struggle is real my social media manager friends. I know it’s real because every time I talk about our responsibilities as social media managers I get an overwhelming amount of responses from social media managers just like you. So in today’s episode, we dive into what a social media manager is actually responsible for and going a step further, how to convey this with our clients because let’s be honest, when we do not set those expectations right from the get-go, a lot of questions can fly between your client and yourself and about who is responsible for what.
You may think it is common knowledge, however many business owners mistake what we do all the time. Not only this, but the role social media plays in a business and expecting the world from your results is not too farfetched from the experience I hear from my community. Let’s dive in to blast the grey areas around this topic and I suggest sharing this with your clients so you both can get clear on your objectives and goals the next time you both chat.
Topics covered on what is a social media manager responsible for:
- The responsibilities of a social media manager and what they’re NOT responsible for
- The two options you have when you’ve taken on way more responsibility than you originally agreed to
- How and when to create clear expectations from the start of a contract
- Grab my script on Raising Your Prices as a Social Media Manager
- Sign up to my FREE Sugarpunch Community for Social Media Managers
- Download my FREE Guide: Best Places to Get More Social Media Management Clients
- Shop my Done-For-You Templates for Social Media Managers
- Join the Social Media Manager Success Incubator
Connect with Shanté:
- Book a free call to discuss how we can work together
- Connect with me on Instagram @sugarpunchmarketing
- Episode 8: Shannon McKinstrie on: A Call for Transparency & How to Handle Your Client’s Unrealistic Social Media Expectations
- Episode 20: I Thought I Was Going to Lose My Social Media Management Business Because I Raised My Prices
More about Social Media Manager Confidential:
The Social Media Manager Confidential is the podcast for social media managers who want realistic, positive, and insightful resources so they can build an ethical, money-making business that supports their lifestyle goals. Each week, your host Shanté Gorman (that’s me) and my guests will share strategies & content tips, what we do and don’t love about working in the industry, and give transparent advice about running a social media management business. We’re dishing on the ins and outs of the social media management world without any of the gatekeeping that can come along with it. You’ll learn, you’ll laugh, and you’ll leave each episode inspired.
I was a broke single mom turned founder of a multi 6-figure social media management agency and I mentor social media managers working on creating agencies of their own.
Hey, I’m Shanté! 👋 I’m a broke single mom turned Founder & CEO of a multi 6-fig social media marketing agency that specializes in providing Instagram management services for busy entrepreneurs. Subscribe for tips and behind-the-scenes of building & growing your own successful social media management business so that you can have consistent income, work with ideal clients, and scale without the overwhelm.