CLICK PLAY ON MISTAKES AS A SOCIAL MEDIA MANAGER:
Here’s what you can expect from this episode:
Running a social media managing business can be hard. It’s no easy feat. Those who clout the laptop lifestyle, whilst not showing you what’s really going on behind the scenes making it all the much harder when you seem to be facing trivial situations every single day. The pressure builds, and you start to wonder – am I really cut out for the life of a self-employed social media manager?
Sure, it’s a lot of pressure for anyone who hasn’t had to be in this position before. There are a lot of key areas, tasks, and milestones that you need to keep on top of. Today, I share with you the biggest mistakes a social media manager can make that result in losing money, clients, and ultimately their business. I hope this episode helps you identify whether or not you are having any of these issues and guide you to make a plan to fix them before you hit the point of burnout or worse, business failure.
Topics covered on mistakes as a social media manager:
- How to adjust for taxes and overhead costs
- How to prevent losing more money than you are making
- The key to expectation management
- Working with red flag clients and how to avoid them
- The determining factor that will make or break your success
- Shop my Social Media Management Profitable Pricing Calculator
- Watch my YouTube video on the tools I use in my business: Realistic Day In My Life as a Freelance Social Media Manager
- Sign up to my FREE Sugarpunch Community for Social Media Managers
- Download my FREE Guide: Best Places to Get More Social Media Management Clients
- Shop my Done-For-You Templates for Social Media Managers
- Join the Social Media Manager Success Incubator
Connect with Shanté:
- Book a free call to discuss how we can work together
- Connect with me on Instagram @sugarpunchmarketing
- Episode 2: How to Actually Make Money as a Social Media Manager
- Episode 6: Painful Lessons I Learned In My First Year of My Social Media Management Business
- Episode 8: A Call for Transparency & How to Handle Your Client’s Unrealistic Social Media Expectations with Shannon McKinstrie
More about Social Media Manager Confidential:
The Social Media Manager Confidential is the podcast for social media managers who want realistic, positive, and insightful resources so they can build an ethical, money-making business that supports their lifestyle goals. Each week, your host Shanté Gorman (that’s me) and my guests will share strategies & content tips, what we do and don’t love about working in the industry, and give transparent advice about running a social media management business. We’re dishing on the ins and outs of the social media management world without any of the gatekeeping that can come along with it. You’ll learn, you’ll laugh, and you’ll leave each episode inspired.
I was a broke single mom turned founder of a multi 6-figure social media management agency and I mentor social media managers working on creating agencies of their own.
Some links on this page may contain affiliate links. This means that if you click through and make a purchase, I may receive a small commission at no additional cost to you.
Hey, I’m Shanté! 👋 I’m a broke single mom turned Founder & CEO of a multi 6-fig social media marketing agency that specializes in providing Instagram management services for busy entrepreneurs. Subscribe for tips and behind-the-scenes of building & growing your own successful social media management business so that you can have consistent income, work with ideal clients, and scale without the overwhelm.