CLICK PLAY TO HEAR ABOUT THE SOCIAL MEDIA REALITY CHECK WE ALL NEED:
Here’s what to expect from this episode:
Complaining about the algorithm and how it’s treating us as social media managers and our clients has become a very prevalent thing over the past couple of years. With Instagram ever evolving and changing, it’s hard to stop and actually be grateful that this is what we are complaining about.
In this episode, Carole explains how it used to be when the world revolved around traditional media, small business owners didn’t even have a fork in the figurative pie because they didn’t have the budget to open the doors to that sort of opportunity. This isn’t the only mind-opening way of thinking you’ll be witnessing in this episode.
Carole is known for her no BS attitude online. She tells it like it is, and we got a whole lot of that gold on this episode! We sit down and talk about all things social media, the focus we should have as social media managers, how to make more money in our profession, the reality of being always plugged in, her life and experience about what makes huge waves and results for her clients and students, and so many other gems where you’ll take a breath and feel really seen.
Carole is one of the leading experts in Digital Marketing for working professionals and has over 24 years of experience working with Fortune 500 Companies such as MTV, Warner Bros, Swatch, Omega, Paramount, Comedy Central, the NBA, Porsche, Univision and Macy’s among others.
Most recently as US Head of Digital Marketing at Swatch Group, Carole led the growth of the brand’s online revenue by 72% on all digital channels. She collaborated with the NBA, Macy’s, GQ Magazine and Tourneau in the company’s key digital marketing campaigns and partnerships.
Since founding The Digital Buzz, Carole has taught over 5,000 students how to monetize digital platforms for accelerated business growth. She’s also worked with premium brands to launch, optimize, and manage more than $30 million in Facebook® and Instagram® advertising campaigns including for NBCUniversal, Tissot Watches and L’Oréal.
Topics covered on social media reality check:
- The low-hanging fruit content that gets our goat up
- The one thing you need to STOP doing with your content (or your client’s content) if you want more sales
- Differences between influencers vs. business owners and their content strategy
- What the difference is between boosting posts and running ads
- Understanding how ads work and Carole reveals her favorite strategy to run an ad to gain more traffic
- How to know as a social media manager if your client is ready to run paid ads
- Sign up to Carole’s “Run Your Instagram Like A CEO” Course
- Catch my Instagram Live with Carole all about Bad Instagram Advice
- Sign up to my FREE Sugarpunch Community for Social Media Managers
- Learn more about my Social Media Manager Incubator Program Suite
- Resources for Dealing with Difficult Clients as a Social Media Manager
- Resources for the Overwhelmed Social Media Manager
- Resources for the Social Media Manager Just Getting Started
- Download my FREE Guide: Best Places to Get More Social Media Management Clients
- Shop my Done-For-You Templates for Social Media Managers
Connect with Carole:
Connect with Shanté:
- Book a free call to discuss how we can work together
- Connect with me on Instagram @sugarpunchmarketing
- Episode 39: Kar Brulhart On: Starting From Scratch In Social Media Marketing
- Episode 34: Latasha James On: Attracting High-Paying Social Media Clients is a Journey
- Episode 25: The Strategy To Increase Visibility for Your Social Media Management Clients
More about Social Media Manager Confidential:
The Social Media Manager Confidential is the podcast for social media managers who want realistic, positive, and insightful resources so they can build an ethical, money-making business that supports their lifestyle goals. Each week, your host Shanté Gorman (that’s me) and my guests will share strategies & content tips, what we do and don’t love about working in the industry, and give transparent advice about running a social media management business. We’re dishing on the ins and outs of the social media management world without any of the gatekeeping that can come along with it. You’ll learn, you’ll laugh, and you’ll leave each episode inspired.
I was a broke single mom turned founder of a multi 6-figure social media management agency and I mentor social media managers working on creating agencies of their own.
Hey, I’m Shanté! 👋 I’m a broke single mom turned Founder & CEO of a multi 6-fig social media marketing agency that specializes in providing Instagram management services for busy entrepreneurs. Subscribe for tips and behind-the-scenes of building & growing your own successful social media management business so that you can have consistent income, work with ideal clients, and scale without the overwhelm.