CLICK PLAY TO HEAR WHAT YOU NEED TO DO BEFORE YOU BUILD A SOCIAL MEDIA AGENCY:
Here’s what to expect from this episode:
Before you dive head first into starting your social media agency, it’s crucial to learn from those who’ve walked the path before you. In this episode, I have an enlightening conversation with Sam Marcellino, an agency owner who has successfully navigated the intricacies of building a social media agency from scratch.
Sam and I delve deep into the nitty-gritty of starting out as a solo social media manager and then strategically growing a team to create a thriving agency. We discuss the keys to assembling a seamless team that operates like a well-oiled machine. Plus, we don’t hold back on sharing our own trials and tribulations, the highs and lows, and the reality of running an agency. These are valuable insights you definitely don’t want to miss!
Sam Marcellino is the Senior Strategist at SGS Media. Sam’s knack for cultivating engaged communities is undeniable and definitely one of the reasons she founded SGS Media, a digital media agency. Sam’s Community-First approach focuses on building an audience of your ideal clients, engaging with them through authentic social media and marketing strategies, and funneling them to the perfect service for them.
After being a stay-at-home mom for 12 years, Sam went back to school to finish her bachelor’s degree in business and became fascinated by the fast pace of digital marketing – specifically how it blends art and science. She was inspired to start Sam Gets Social to help service providers eliminate the overwhelm that comes along with social media marketing and help them sell their offers with ease.
After 3 years of consistent growth, repeat clients, referrals and expansion, Sam Gets Social bloomed into the SGS Media agency it is today.
Sam currently calls Florida home though she’s lived on and off in California for the last 13 years. When she’s not creating effortless client experiences, you can typically find her hiking (when Cali-based) or walking on the beach (when Florida-based) with her husband and teenager.
Topics covered on what you need to do before you build a social media agency:
- Ensuring you have the right tools and processes to run a well-oiled team
- The importance of updating SOPs regularly due to the ever-changing nature of social media platforms
- The art of investing time in finding the right team members who align with your vision and values
- Embracing the ever-changing nature of the industry
- How having the right mindset and adapting to change is key to a successful agency
- Join the Highlight waitlist for Sam’s Mini Course
- Sign up to my FREE Sugarpunch Community for Social Media Managers
- Learn more about my Social Media Manager Incubator Program Suite
- Resources for Dealing with Difficult Clients as a Social Media Manager
- Resources for the Overwhelmed Social Media Manager
- Resources for the Social Media Manager Just Getting Started
- Download my FREE Guide: Best Places to Get More Social Media Management Clients
- Shop my Done-For-You Templates for Social Media Managers
Connect with Sam:
Connect with Shanté:
- Book a free call to discuss how we can work together
- Connect with me on Instagram @sugarpunchmarketing
- Episode 46: Melissa Litchfield On: What It’s Really Like Running A $30K/mo Agency
- Episode 44: Milou Pietersz On: Using AI As A Social Media Management Agency
- Episode 33: Tomisin Smith On: The Honest Truth Behind How Long It Actually Takes to Build A Successful Agency
More about Social Media Manager Confidential:
The Social Media Manager Confidential is the podcast for social media managers who want realistic, positive, and insightful resources so they can build an ethical, money-making business that supports their lifestyle goals. Each week, your host Shanté Gorman (that’s me) and my guests will share strategies & content tips, what we do and don’t love about working in the industry, and give transparent advice about running a social media management business. We’re dishing on the ins and outs of the social media management world without any of the gatekeeping that can come along with it. You’ll learn, you’ll laugh, and you’ll leave each episode inspired.
I was a broke single mom turned founder of a multi 6-figure social media management agency and I mentor social media managers working on creating agencies of their own.
Some links on this page may contain affiliate links. This means that if you click through and make a purchase, I may receive a small commission at no additional cost to you.
Hey, I’m Shanté! 👋 I’m a broke single mom turned Founder & CEO of a multi 6-fig social media marketing agency that specializes in providing Instagram management services for busy entrepreneurs. Subscribe for tips and behind-the-scenes of building & growing your own successful social media management business so that you can have consistent income, work with ideal clients, and scale without the overwhelm.