CLICK PLAY TO HEAR THE DOWNSIDE OF BEING A CREATIVE SOCIAL MEDIA MANAGER:
Here’s what to expect from this episode:
Dive deep into the realities of being a creative social media manager. In this episode, we unpack the stories of Casey Poe and Holly VanAkkeren, shedding light on their initial steps, their unique backgrounds, and the dynamics of working as solopreneurs – being the sole force driving their business.
But it’s not all sunshine; we also delve into the highs and lows of their journey, from the passion projects to the challenges faced, and the contrasting experiences of working with local versus non-local clients.
Beyond the day-to-day, gain a unique perspective as they share their transformative experiences from the Social Media Manager Success Incubator program. Listen in to gather invaluable insights, whether you’re a seasoned manager or just setting foot in the realm of social media management.
Holly is a dedicated freelance social media manager specializing in catering to small businesses. She provides a comprehensive range of services, from strategy sessions and consulting to full-scale social media management. Armed with an advertising degree from Savannah College of Art & Design, one of Red Dot Design’s premier U.S universities, Holly approaches social media with a unique perspective. Unlike many in her field, she steers clear of the commonplace. Instead of settling for stock photos and basic Canva templates, Holly is committed to delivering distinctive and innovative content.
Casey Poe started her creative career as a brand photographer, capturing elegant visuals to tell powerful stories through her lens. As social media evolved and became an increasingly important platform for businesses, Casey saw an opportunity to combine her photography skills with her passion for digital marketing. She dove into the world of social media strategy, learning how to create content that not only looks beautiful but also drives engagement and conversions.
Topics covered on the downside of being a creative social media manager:
- Holly and Casey’s progression from creative to social media manager
- How to balance creativity and organizational abilities for success in scaling your social media management business
- Dealing with moments of self-doubt and anxiety regarding client feedback
- What it’s like working for local clients and the impact social media provides for gaining visibility for small businesses
- Shop my Profitable Pricing Calculator
- Sign up to my FREE Sugarpunch Community for Social Media Managers
- Download my FREE Guide: Best Places to Get More Social Media Management Clients
- Shop my Done-For-You Templates for Social Media Managers
- Learn more about my Social Media Manager Incubator Program Suite
Connect with Holly:
Connect with Casey:
Connect with Shanté:
- Book a free call to discuss how we can work together
- Connect with me on Instagram @sugarpunchmarketing
- Episode 36: Firing Clients & Sticking to Boundaries with Mentees Katya Valiquette and Katie Campbell
- Episode 35: Successfully Leaving Your 9-5 To Build A Social Media Management Business With Alyece Smith
- Episode 29: Mya Shell of Cloud Campaign On: The Secret to Staying Creative as a Social Media Manager
More about Social Media Manager Confidential:
The Social Media Manager Confidential is the podcast for social media managers who want realistic, positive, and insightful resources so they can build an ethical, money-making business that supports their lifestyle goals. Each week, your host Shanté Gorman (that’s me) and my guests will share strategies & content tips, what we do and don’t love about working in the industry, and give transparent advice about running a social media management business. We’re dishing on the ins and outs of the social media management world without any of the gatekeeping that can come along with it. You’ll learn, you’ll laugh, and you’ll leave each episode inspired.
I was a broke single mom turned founder of a multi 6-figure social media management agency and I mentor social media managers working on creating agencies of their own.
Some links on this page may contain affiliate links. This means that if you click through and make a purchase, I may receive a small commission at no additional cost to you.
Hey, I’m Shanté! 👋 I’m a broke single mom turned Founder & CEO of a multi 6-fig social media marketing agency that specializes in providing Instagram management services for busy entrepreneurs. Subscribe for tips and behind-the-scenes of building & growing your own successful social media management business so that you can have consistent income, work with ideal clients, and scale without the overwhelm.